18 November 1989
Entertainment Centre, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
*Although I am not certain of how close my CDRs are to the master, the sound is crisp and I would presume it is from the master or a low generation source.
Quality: It is my opinion that this is a very good quality audience bootleg for the Australian leg of the Lovetown Tour. There is static during When Love Comes To Town.
1. Evacuation announcement (See concert details below)
2. Hawkmoon 269
4. All Along The Watchtower
5. All I Want Is You
6. God Part II
7. Bullet The Blue Sky
8. Running To Stand Still
10. I Will Follow
11. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
1. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
3. Van Diemen's Land
4. New Year's Day
5. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
6. Angel Of Harlem
7. When Love Comes To Town
8. Angel Of Harlem
(CD2 Tracks 6-8 are with BB King and his band.)
On the first leg of the Lovetown Tour, U2 had to cancel a number of shows in Sydney, Australia's largest city, after Bono fell ill and had vocal troubles. These shows were rescheduled to be played after U2's four in New Zealand, and this particular show is one of the rescheduled dates. Circumstances continued to attempt to conspire against the show ever being played, as the police received a bomb threat and had to evacuate the entire venue before showtime. Luckily, no bomb was found, the band took the stage, and the concert was not only played safely, it was played sensationally. Portions of this concert can be seen on the Lovetown Documentary that was broadcast on some television stations and is widely bootlegged.
Notable setlist elements:
- Very rare omission of Where The Streets Have No Name.
- Last time U2 played Hawkmoon 269 in Australia. Second-to-last Hawkmoon 269 ever. All eight performances of Hawkmoon 269 were as the concert opener and seven of these were in Australia. The last was on 18 December 1989 in Amsterdam.
Download this bootleg here